Nuffnang

PRINT THIS POST!

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good Friday Procession (Bulan, Sorsogon. April 2, 2010)

Last year I didn't do the procession because my cousin said I didn't need to do it. This year, I forgot she told me that so I went and walked barefoot for two hours.





It was so hooooot walking barefoot in this crowd.



I'm not really religious, but I believe in God. They say "GOD" is subjective. I don't care what anybody says about God being an illusion. I have faith, that's what is important. We all have someone/something we believe in, I just happen to call him God.

  

 
Even kids were there. I never really understood why I did this until recently (college).


We walked for a kilometer and still we did not reach the front part of the procession. There must have been thousands who participated in the sacrifice.


I took this shot with a flash. Not sure why it ended up like this. Was my camera dirty? Or was it just really dusty that evening?



I tried my best to "just pray" the whole time but my mind was always flying around. I made sure that I said my prayers and thanks though.


 

This was when we arrived at the church after 2hrs of walking.



Candles were everywhere in front of the church. The heat was unbearable because of the lighted candles and the tight crowd.


 

More candles.



It was eerie seeing this. It felt like the whole place was burning. It was so hot. Seeing Mary and Jesus surrounded by fire was a bit scary.


Mary and Jesus. This was right in front of the church.



I like this shot. :)


 




Bulan, Sorsogon. PH.
April 2010.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share!

Tweet!