Nuffnang

PRINT THIS POST!

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Weapons of Choice. (October 2010)

Centrum. Straight from the US.


My mom gave me these multivitamin tablets. I'm worried it'll make me eat like a pig, but I fear getting sick more. Esp. now that I will be uber busy at work for the whole of October. I try to remember taking one everyday.


Plus! I'm super paranoid about getting sore eyes (or pink eyes or conjunctivitis). My roomie just had some and I almost slap myself everytime I forget not to scratch my eyes. The virus is spreading, so I hope ya'll will keep safe.



Just to be sure, I bought myself a Visine (the red one) in case my eyes get itchy any time soon. This tiny bottle cost me 83 Php. I thought these things only cost about 20 Php. I guess I never bought one before.

Pink Eye will eat 8-12 days of your time. Not a very good way to spend your 2 weeks. Be careful!












What is "pink eye"?

Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is redness and inflammation of the membranes (conjunctiva) covering the whites of the eyes and the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids. These membranes react to a wide range of bacteria, viruses, allergy-provoking agents, irritants, and toxic agents, as well as to underlying diseases within the body. Viral and bacterial forms of conjunctivitis are common in childhood, but they occur in adults as well. Pink eye can occur in people of any age. Overall, however, there are many causes of pink eye. These can be classified as either infectious or noninfectious. Pink eye does not cause any changes in vision.

 What are home treatments and care for pink eye?


Home treatment for pink eye should not be a substitute for seeking the advice of a health-care practitioner, and it is important to take all medications as prescribed and to follow your health-care practitioner's instructions for managing your condition. However, there are steps you can take at home to help relieve the symptoms of pink eye. Moist warm compresses applied to the eyes can help relieve symptoms. Over-the-counter artificial tears (eyedrops) can also bring relief.


You should not wear contact lenses until the pink eye has resolved. Your health-care practitioner can offer guidance about when it is safe to resume the use of contact lenses. Eye makeup and cosmetic creams should also be avoided in the eye area until your symptoms have resolved.


How can I prevent the spread of pink eye?
Infectious forms of pink eye are highly contagious and are spread by direct contact with infected people. If you or your child has infectious pink eye, avoid touching the eye area and wash your hands frequently, particularly after applying medications to the eye area. Never share towels or handkerchiefs, and throw away tissues after each use. Disinfecting surfaces like countertops, sinks, and doorknobs can also help prevent the spread of infectious pink eye.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!This was a really admirable topic!
I come from itlay, I was luck to look for your subject in wordpress
Also I learn a lot in your Topics really thanks very much i will come daily

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share!

Tweet!