Nuffnang

PRINT THIS POST!

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Perfect Weekend in Peacock Garden. (Bohol, Philippines. June 2011)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The bestfriends decided we needed an out of town retreat where we can relax and seat by the pool all day and chikka as long as long as we can.

BF Che took care of all the planning and all we had to do was hop in the plane and enjoy! Thanks B!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The view on the plane was lovely. I couldn't sleep because I was so excited so I just looked out the window and took photos of the little islands on the way to Bohol.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I wonder if people actually go to these beautiful islands. There must be incredible sea creatures in these parts of the sea.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That little island is filled with, are those houses? I wish I could zoom in more!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We landed safely in Tagbilaran. We were so excited! We couldn't wait to go to the hotel.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Imagine our delight when we saw this big billboard outside the airport. It just made us more anxious to get to the hotel soonest! The infinity pool is just too much to not see in person!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Within 15 minutes of landing, our hotel shuttle service was there to welcome us. Teehee! It was about 20-30 minutes drive to the hotel.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is the sight that welcomed us when we entered the property. The lawn was very big and you can almost smell the trees from inside the car. All the stress from my mind seemed to melt away as we approached the lobby.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Look at the lawn. Isn't it fab? I can only wish I had a garden this big.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If the facade wasn't fab enough, this baby was in front of the lobby to make us drool more! It was just so sexy! I would fit right into it. Haha!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My bestfriends ecstatic to tour the property! I was so happy to spend quality time with them that whole weekend. Spending time with family and friends makes you rearrange your priorities and snaps you back into realizing what is important in life. Work is just work, family is forever. We must always make time for them.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Getting our room key while we sip our welcome drinks and soak our faces in the cold towels they gave us when we arrived.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The bar was inviting with that elegant wooden counter with carved edges sporting various bottles of alcohol. We were so busy talking to each other the whole weekend that we didn't even have time to get drunk while we were there.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I loved the chandeliers and the light fixtures. I am always amazed by light fixtures that I always photograph them wherever I go.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These are the two buildings (only 2 floors) where the rooms are located. I think it only had 30 rooms overall, which was great because it makes your stay very private. When we were there, we only saw abt 3-5 other guests staying and we only saw them during breakfast.

The pool was just so awesome. It was very clean too.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The murals on the side of the buildings were classy. I'm always a fan of art and I thought this was a nice touch.

The lady who toured us around the property was very nice and told us all about the place. The owner was german and was fond of collecting antique stuff from all over the world. The collection was displayed all around the hotel.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The lounge chairs were just so inviting, I could hear them calling my name. I was so stressed with work that time that just being there instantly calmed me down. I just wanted to lie on the green grass and sleep, only to wake up to eat. And to be there with my bestfriends was too much of a blessing. God is so good to me. :)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We went to the second floor to get a better view of the property. It was such an eye candy. I was screaming in my head thanking the universe for bringing me there. It was just so beautiful. The pool was fantabulous!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We arrived a little over lunch and by the time we were done touring the place, we were starving. These flowers were very welcoming. We ordered lunch and chose the table by the pool.

The menu was quite expensive which was expected for an AAA boutique hotel. We settled for a set lunch with soup, pasta and dessert. It cost us around 700 Php each which was not bad at all.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Strawberry shake on a hot sunny day on a beautiful resort is love!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mushroom soup as an appetizer was delish!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Fruit platter for our preggy BF was a must.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pasta with salmon was so good! We had a lot of bread (unlimited) before this, so we were quite full by the time the main dish arrived.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dessert was sweeeeet! I loved the presentation!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was 4-5pm by the time we finished lunch and in a couple of hours it would be dinner time again. We decided we needed to burn our lunch so we went night swimming. We had fun taking underwater photos because the pool water was so clear.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The whole property at night looked so regal, like we were on a palace somewhere in Europe. I wish I knew more about the Canon 1000D that I was using to take photos. I realized just now when I was going through the photos that most of the photos I took were out of focus. These are some of the few that I managed to salvage.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was quite dark at night, I wish they had more lights. We had our dinner by the pool. We retired early because Jaz and I managed to convince Che and Karen (first timers in Bohol) to go to a city tour in the morning. Like I said, you have not been to bohol if you have not seen the chocolate hills and the cute Tarsiers.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I woke up early the next morning to take more photos. I always do this when I'm traveling. It's only in the morning when I can take photos and nobody is rushing me. I wish I had more luxury travels like this where I stay at posh hotels instead of my usual budget hotels.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The infinity pool is my favorite part of the place. Karen and I had an awesome time the morning of our last day in Peacock Garden. I wish I could post more photos of those but they are too private. Haha!

I would definitely recommend this place if you could afford it. Unfortunately, I don't know the price range because we had a very generous sponsor for this trip! Below are the contact details so you can start booking your trip!













Peacock Garden
Luxury Boutique, Resort and Spa
Upper Laya, Baclayon.
Bohol, Phillipines. June 2011.

Click for contact details
Peacock Garden FB
Peacock Garden Twitter

3 comments:

Amanda Evans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

There's an awesome deal now for Peacock Garden on www.dealgrocer.com! It comes out at nearly 40% off I think..

Anonymous said...

Keep on working, great job!

Also visit my page - Kreowaniezieleni.pl

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share!

Tweet!